Business AnalystPosted 1 year ago
The Business Analyst has the primary responsibility to gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the business stakeholders. The Business Analyst serves as the principal conduit for managing system requirements between the business and the software development team throughout the duration of a project.
Responsibilities for the Business Analyst include:
- Translate complex technical details into simple terms for an executive audience to understand
- Elicit business requirements from business users and subject matter experts
- Understand, and document the customer’s business requirements, processes, and workflows using various techniques
- Analyze and define system requirements, and use cases
- Prioritize requirements
- Write functional specifications
- Model the requirements/specifications
- Perform business process design in conjunction with operations teams
- Lead requirements validation and traceability analysis
- Manage scope and requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead development of common standards and tools
- Assists in operational rollout and support.
- Keep business stakeholders actively engaged and focused on identifying what needs to be achieved
- Cultivate internal relationships across departments
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Documentation of customer work processes utilizing Visio for context data flows at multiple levels, cross-functional and process flow diagrams
- Present a positive professional image of I.T., it’s processes, deliverables, and personnel
- Identify and make recommendations for business and I.T. process improvements
- Understand and effectively communicate the value and need of I.T. processes to gain collaboration and support of best practices.
Qualifications for the Business Analyst include:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role
- Certifications such as ECBA, CCBA, CBAP or PMI-PBA is a plus but not mandatory
- Ability to wear multiple hats and be a team player
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience will be considered
- Intermediate SQL and comprehensive Excel experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources.
- Ability to take strategic direction from executive management.
- Strong understanding of waterfall and agile approaches
- Ability to independently lead or facilitate meetings
- Ability to identify potential solutions and take initiative
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to lead JAD (joint application design) sessions with large, multi-disciplinary, cross-enterprise teams
- Ability to navigate through a large, decentralized organizational structure to identify SMEs and project stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of data analysis techniques to interpret results; strong critical thinking skills